Batman wouldn't last a day in my world, thought the B.I.B, bitterly feeling
the strain that newly manifested super powers had brought to the life of the
33 year old "normal" single mother. Gone was her known controllable
existence; quietly raising her daughter and making ends meet. Gone were the
simple days of drinking , dancing, and partying with her friends. Being "real"
and being a super hero made for a unique combination. Sometimes it was a real bitch.
Yet through the dangers and the challenges more doors opened than closed. Perhaps
there was a route to a new level of being, perhaps even a new level of romance. The
ponderous weight of questions and possibilities she bore in isolation.
Alone and feeling sorry for herself on her birthday, she walked into O'Malleys Bar
for a drink and started it all...
Now this book was classified as young adult but in my opinion it shouldn't be read by anyone under 18 due to the graphic sexual content. I only say this because my 12 year old daughter often reads from this section of the bookstore (pending my approval of course) and without opening the book and scanning through it you wouldn't know. I also want to say that the content didn't bother me (I found it pretty darn sexy!) but if that isn't your cup of tea, consider this fair warning.
I really liked this book. I wish that it had gone into more detail on the Super Born's powers and how they began and how they felt about it. I think this would make a great series, I know it left me wanting more. This is Keith Kornell's third novel and I hope it's not his last!
If you like what you read here then be sure to enter the giveaway below to snag your own copy! Here are the rules:
- Open to US & Canada residents only.
- Mandatory entry must be completed first before extra entries will count.
- Leave all user names pertaining to the task so that I can verify your entry.
- Leave the correct number of comments for each task. If it says +3 entries then leave 3 separate comments.
- All comments must contain your email address so that I can let you know if you win.
- Winner must respond within 48 hours to claim their prize or I will draw another winner. Winner will be selected by a random number generator and notified by email.Giveaway starts 2/26/12 and ends 3/4/12 at 11:59 CST.
Mandatory Entry: Follow my blog publicly on GFC (+3 entries)
- Follow me on Twitter (+2 entries)
- Like my Facebook page (+2 entries)
- Tell me your favorite author and your favorite book by them (+2 entries)
- Give me +K on Klout (1 entry per topic)- Let me know in your comment which topic.
- Sign up for a FREE account at Beesavy.com (+5 entries)
- Friend me a nomorerack.com (+5 entries)