Facing Demons is the story of four broken souls who are all struggling with different personal demons in their lives. Even though the enemies mat be different, the pain and desperation they feel is very similar. Each heading down the path of self-destruction, they end up in a rehabilitation program called Another Chance at Life. It is here where surprising friendships are made and demons are battled head on. The following is quoted from the back cover:
'Blake Solomon had never before heard such heart-wrenching
stories until now. Jason gang-member, Rebecca a child prostitute,
Matthew an African refugee, and Felicity a reckless rich kid, make
up the newest group at Blake's Anchor Beach Rehabilitation Clinic.
Each have seen more than their share of tragedy and have reached
a point of desperation where all hope seems lost. Leaving behind
worlds tainted with drugs and alcohol, violence and abuse, self-harm,
and street-life is easier said than done. Unexpectedly, these four young
lives collide in extraordinary circumstances as they attempt to salvage
any glimmer of strength and self-belief they have left.
Blake's battle to save all four from paths of certain self-destruction
is the toughest he's ever faced. Is a quick fix all he has to offer before
feeding them back to the lions? Or will he keep his promise in helping
them to face their demons?'
This was a very thought provoking and intense book for me as I have struggled with my own demons. I could completely empathize with the characters, and it made me wish that I had had the help and support they were given. It makes you see that no matter how bad things seem, there is always hope. Facing Demons is Ashley Sanders first published novel and he has more in the making. He is currently working on Prequels to Facing Demons, which explores the lives of the main characters before they meet one another. I will definitely be keeping my eyes open for it.
Now, I'm super excited to announce that I've got a giveaway to offer- my first giveaway ever! I have been given an extra copy of Facing Demons to giveaway to one of my readers! Here are the rules:
- Open to the US & Canada residents only.
- Mandatory entry must be completed before extra entries or all entries will be disqualified.
- Leave the correct number of comments for each task. If it says (+3 entries) leave 3 separate comments.
- All comments must contain your name, you email address, and any usernames for the task. This is for verification and so that I may notify you is you win.
- Winner will be notified by email and will have 48 hours to respond to claim the prize. Winner will be selected using a random number generator provided by Random.org. If after 48 hours I have not heard from the winner a new winner will be selected using the same method.
- Giveaway starts on 1/8/12 and ends 1/15/12 at 11:59 CST.
Mandatory: Follow me publicly on GFC. (+3 entries)
- Follow me on Twitter (+2 entries)
- Like my Facebook page (+2 entries)
- Tell me who your favorite author is and your favorite book by them. (+2 entries)
- Give me +K on Klout in any topic. (+2 entries)
- Sign up for a BeeSavy account for FREE using CHAOS as your referral code. (+5 entries)
- Sign up for FREE at nomorerack.com (+5 entries)
* I was provided a book to review and keep as well as financial compensation. All views are strictly my opinion and unbiased.*