I feel when you plan on following the advice and suggestions of books like these, that it's important for the people offering it be qualified and knowledgeable and both these ladies are. Judith A. Belmont, MS, is a national speaker and corporate wellness trainer with 30+ years of experience as a psychotherapist. Lora Shor, MSW, is a national health and wellness speaker, an international corporate work/life consultant to Fortune 500 companies, and a psychotherapist. She has worked with a lot of huge companies such as Wells Fargo/ Wachovia, Pfizer, and Morgan Stanley to name a few. So you can see why I was able to be open minded about the book.
The book uses Swiss Cheese as a metaphor for life. The holes, which define Swiss Cheese, represent life's imperfections, obstacles, and disappointments. The Swiss Cheese Theory of Life! helps us to accept theses "holes" and to learn and grow from them. I both enjoy and appreciate the metaphor this book uses, but I found all the cheeseisms a little cheesy. As I read through the book, I could relate to most of the examples and suggestions and found that I have a lot more negativity or stinky cheese in my life than I realized or want and will try some of the methods presented. I'll especially pay close attention to the section on procrastination and organization! I was surprised at how much I took from this book, and have changed my opinion of this genre and will be looking at more from it, after all, I'm not perfect but I'm a work in progress!
Want a copy? Then enter win your own copy of The Swiss Cheese Theory of Life! Here are the rules for the giveaway:
- Open to US & Canada residents only.
- Mandatory entry must be completed first for extra entries to count.
- Leave all user names pertaining to the task.
- Leave the correct number of comments for each task. If it says 3 entries, leave three comments.
- All entries must contain your email
- Winner must respond within 48 hours to claim prize, or another winner will be drawn. Winner will be selected by a random number generator provided by Random.org
- Giveaway starts 1/28/12 and ends at 11:59 pm CST 2/4/12.
Mandatory: Follow me publicly on GFC. Leave a comment with user name. (+3 entries)
- Follow me on Twitter & comment below with Twitter name. (+2 entries)
- Like my Facebook page & leave a comment. (+2 entries)
- Tell me your favorite author is and your favorite book by them. (+1 entry)
- Give me +K on Klout in any topic & leave a comment below. (+2 entries) Can +K me in more than one topic for (+2 entries) for each topic.
- Sign up for a FREE account at BeeSavy.com (+5 entries)
- Friend me at nomorerack.com (+5 entries)