Friday, December 2, 2011

Crouptastic!

My daughter, Stella, has been sick all week with a really bad cough. After missing her fourth day of school and as usual unable to get into the doctor's office, I ended up taking her to Urgent Care. After waiting three hours in the waiting room we finally made it back to an exam room where we had to wait almost another hour for the doctor to come in. To me, that is completely ridiculous. There were people who didn't even look sick getting seen before her and there was no mistaking that she was sick by looking at her. After waiting FOREVER, the doctor in less than five minutes, said she had Croup.

Flash forward to today. My son was fine all day today, and then he laid down to take a nap. He slept for almost two hours and when he woke up he was barking like a seal and had a 101.5 fever. This time we went to the emergency room since Urgent Care was already closed. We sat in the waiting room for maybe 15 minutes and then went back to a room where the doctor was already waiting for him. Diagnosis: CROUP! Freakin' Crouptastic!!

It really boggles my mind how we were in and out in under a half hour at the ER and had to wait at Urgent Care for the better part of a lifetime. Alek's prescription took longer to be filled than his visit to the ER! It's not that it makes me mad per say, it's just that they don't understand how difficult it is to have a very sick kid waiting for that long while having to wear one of those stupid face masks. If they were that afraid she was like Typhoid Mary then why didn't they get us back to a room right away? It was especially awesome when the receptionist decided to tell me that I really needed to make Stella keep the mask on. Really lady? Why don't you wear one for four hours and see how you like it! Hopefully this doesn't last long considering they are both on several medications.

1 comment:

  1. Aloha,

    I am following FNFW blop hop. I am following via GFC from www.allcouponedout.com.

    Mahalo for your support.

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear from you...